Valerie G. Edward, Partner
Lawyer, Patent & Trademark Agent
Admitted to Ontario Bar: 1991
- Bachelor of Arts & Science, McMaster University, 1986
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School (York University), 1989
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
Hamilton Law Association
Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
Valerie acts for Canadian and foreign applicants as a Canadian patent agent. Her practice includes patent drafting and patent prosecution, primarily in the biotechnology and mechanical patent areas. She also files and prosecutes Canadian Industrial Design applications.
Valerie’s practice also includes trademark prosecution, and the provision of legal services relating to other aspects of intellectual property including, copyright, technology transfer and licensing, contests and promotions, and product packaging and labeling.
Summary of Experience:
From 1998 through 2004, Valerie practiced with prominent the Toronto law firms Morris/Rose/Ledgett LLP, Aird & Berlis LLP and then Heenan Blaikie LLP.
In December 2004, Valerie established her own intellectual property practice.
On January 1, 2009 became a founding partner of Ballagh & Edward LLP.